Question
Posted by: me | 2004/11/04

constipation

I am 13 weeks preg and I have awful constipation. I know Duphalac is safe in pregnancy, so I am using it. What I want to know is, I am taking 20ml every night (according to the maintenance dose they prescribe). Is this still safe?

Yes, that's fine.

3
Posted by: Linette | 2004/11/04

If prune juice doesn't work, you have a major problem. Then you should try SENOKOT. It doesn't cross the placenta, so it cannot harm the baby.

Reply to Linette
Posted by: me | 2004/11/04

no no no. That's not working for me. I drink at least 3 litres of water a day (I have measured it), also 100% prune juice (1 cup a day), high fibre for breakfast and only fruit and veg for lunch.

Reply to me
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/04

A 100% natural remedy is lots of water (1.5 L at least/day) and prune juice (Ceres or Liqui Fruit).

Reply to Golly