Question
Posted by: ROVID | 2003/03/12

CONSTIPATION

DOCTOR, I SUFFER FROM TERRIFIC CONSTIPATION. WHENEVER I GO TO THE TOILET, THE STOOL IS NOT MOVING OUT FAST AS IT IS NOT GOING OUT AT A TIME. AND IT GOES OUT 4 OR 5 SEGMENTS WITH EXTRA EFFORTS. DUE TO THIS I HAVE TO STAY A LONGER TIME IN THE TOILET TO SAY THAT IS 30 MINUTES OR ABOVE. SECONDLY, AFTER I GO TO TOILET EACH TIME, THE MOUTH PART OF THE ANUS IS COMING OUT AND EACH TIME I HAVE TO PUSH IT IN BY MY FINGER, SO THAT I WILL FEEL COMFORTABLE. KINDLY REPLY HOW I HAVE TO COMBAT MY CONSTIPATION AND RELATED SIDE EFFECTS AS STATED HEREIN. PLEASE NOTE 3 YEARS AGO, I WAS SUFFERING FROM PILES, BUT I AM FREE FROM PILES NOW AFTER MEDICATION. I TAKE MORE FIBRE RICH FOODS VEGITABLES AND FRUITS THAN MEAT BUT LITTLE COMFORT AS IT GIVES ONLY TEMPORARY RELIEF.

Rovid, I think the best would be to see a surgeon as rectal prolapse may lead to serious complications. In the meantime you can try taking Duphalac® to soften the stools. Good luck.

1
Posted by: constipation | 2003/03/14

Hi I am also suffering the same. The stool takes so long to come out and I have to also spend a minimum of 30 mins in the loo. Did you try the medication the doctor recommended and it is any help as I can then also try this. I also experience a lot of gas/wind - do also experience this.

Reply to constipation