Question
Posted by: andy | 2004/11/03

constipated + abdominal pain

Dear Doc
I've been constipated for more than a week now. Last week I drank duphalac which helped a bit. But this week I'm experiencing abdominal pain and lower back discomfort. I took duphalac last night but it didn't help. What could be the cause of this because I don't want to resort to laxatives.

Andy, the best would be to keep on taking the duphalac® for at least 3-5 days and see what happens. If it doesn’t clear up the problem the best would be to see your doctor. Duphalac® isn’t dangerous and you can take it for a long time without having to fear complications. Good luck.