Question
Posted by: louise | 2007/05/30

constint stomac pains (daughter)

my daughter every day complains of tummy pains. she is a slow learner, short attension spand. long term memory good .short term not so good eats well and loves her milk would be great if someone had any ideas to help me

Dear Louise
Many children complain about stomach ache when they have psychological problems (for example if they are scared to go to school because they get into trouble or because the teachers tells them they are 'stupid or lazy', etc). I think the first thing you need to do it to have your daughter examined by a medical dr to find out if there is anything physically wrong with her - this is quite possible - something like appendicitis, or food allergies. If she is given a clean bill of health, I would then take her to a child psychologist so that she can be assessed to see what can be done in the form of therapies to assist her in her learning and to take away this potential fear of school.
Hope you get to the bottom of this problem