Question
Posted by: d.a | 2006/10/30

constantly stressing

I am in my early 20's and my parents has a problem with my boyfriend, because of his religion, age(we are 2years apart) and the area in which he lives.I used to sneak out of the house to see him because he wasnt allowed at our place.We have been going out for 2years now and my parents are constantly telling me that he is not for me.We had a child together but I unfortunately has a miscarriage at 6-7 months.If however,my baby was born, they told me that they would help me raise my child and so does my boyfriend.Trouble happened, when my mother arranged if a cremation was to be taken place without letting me or my boyfriend know.After the drama my parents said that know that this happened, it is a sign that we werent meant for eachother.We are still together and their are constant fights between me and my family and sometimes with him and his mom.At first he's mom like me, but know she figures that im the middle-man in this whole relationship because my parents doesnt want to accept my boyfriend.
I've been thinking that maybe I should just move out and see what happens.
Please help!!!!!!!!!

And age difference of as little as 2 years is irrelevant, so don't stress about that. Major differences in Maturity cause more problems than differences in age. And your parents are being cruel and ignorant if they think a miscarriage is some mystical sign that you shouldn't be together --- and to have arranged an abortion without you knowing. Why does your family have to be so involved in your life ? Can't the pair of you live away from them, and limit contact wi9th them, making it very clear that unpleasant and interfering contact is not acceptable?

2
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/10/31

From my experiences... My mother was right most of the times! If only I listened...!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/30

all ill say is listen to why your parents think this and then with an open mind live your life just dont say i do until you have here blessings or at least until all this is sorted. once the i do's are done your traped to get out if you want to. but listen to what your parents say they might just have a point.

Reply to kat