Question
Posted by: sick | 2005/12/03

constantly ill

I seem to be having problems with my health over the last while...i have had severe stomch pains by my hip and travelling down my leg but went to a gastrenterologist for some procedures, however everything looked healthy. I am constantly getting ill with colds and flu and stomach bugs. When I accidently nick myself and get a cut it bleeds profusely and lately i have found random spots of blood on the floor, I have checked the dog and my parents have checks themselves, and it seems to be me bleeding from a cut i didnt even know was bleeding. I am constantly fatigues, and incredibly pale, so much so that it has become a joke because in photos i look like a ternminally ill patient because of the dark rings i have under my eyes.
I am getting frustrated because nobody seems to be able to help me...my parents are getting more and more concerned as am I....
any help would be appreciated...when i had my gastro procedures they checked for anaemia, which was ok then.

Dear Sick,
Specialists tend to concentrate on the organ they specialize in and the Gastroenterologist may not have done comprehensive blood tests. I really think that you should go to a General Practitioner to have a proper physical exam from head to toe. Please ask him to test for bleeding disorders, blood diseases (and if you think it is necessary, ask him to test you for HIV too. ) It sounds to me as if your white blood cells are not working the way they should. You must have your kidneys tested too.