Question
Posted by: gina | 2004/01/20

constant nausea during pregnancy - how to make it better

My sister is 10 weeks pregnant and she has been experiencing constant nausea form the sixth week of her pregnancy. It doesn't get better, even though the doctor has prescribed medication. Is there anything else that could be done to relief this?

She could try simple measures like eating small frequent meals rather than large ones, eating dry toast first thing in the morning, avoiding very spicy foods. The nausea often tends to get better after about 14 weeks.

2
Posted by: Anita | 2004/01/21

Hi Gina

You didn't say what the docter prescribed, but I used Vomifene. This was something my gynae prescribed, but you can also buy it over the counter.

This really worked for me.

Good luck, and tell her to hang in there. She should be feeling better after 2 weeks. Normally morning sickness only lasts for the first 3 months, or at least mine did.

Reply to Anita
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/21

HI.

You can try Essentiale tablets. My friend used it for her pregnancy and said that it helped quite a lot. I'ts about R33 for a box of 20 tablets.

I hope she gets better!

Reply to ciska