Question
Posted by: In pain | 2005/01/05

Constant Headaches

Hi, I don't know how severe this is, but for the past month, I've been suffering from the same headache, it just differs in severity. It starts as follows, I feel pain on either side of my temples, everytime I look down and bring my head back up (slowly - never lift my head up to quickly) my head feels extremely heavy, on top of that my hands and feet and body get extremeley hot (feverish)and I start feeling a bit queezy??I am a receptionist for the company, and I tend to work with manual invoices more than what I would spend time working in front of the pc. Please any advice would help

In pain, it might be due to quite a few things including the following: sinusitis, muscle tension headache, low blood pressure, blood sugar problems, vision problems, etc. The best would be to see your doctor and have the cause determined before you attempt treating it. Good luck.

2
Posted by: In Pain | 2005/01/05

Liz,

WoW - seems to make sense. Would just like to say thank you very much for your response, really appreciated the advice, as you say it's a start. I really would not have known where to begin.

Keep well
Jean

Reply to In Pain
Posted by: Liz | 2005/01/05

I gave Angel the same advice. Firstly I am no doctor and the
advice I give is from my own experience. Computers are also what i do,
and I had similar headaches. I cannot say you have the same
condition as I did, but its a much cheaper option and worth exploring.
I was diagnosed with a tension headache. The treatment was to
go to a physiotherapist. I went for about 4 sessions. I had immediate
relief after the first session. She educated me on posture, sleep,
and just general neck and back excercises that I could do to
eleviate the pain. I still get the headaches, but not as much and
if I do I know where to put the pressure to soothe it. Obviously if
this kind of treatments do not work, you do have another problem
that you need to seek professional help for.

But I hope its a start. :)

Reply to Liz