Question
Posted by: Melissa. | 2007/03/12

Constant Headache.

Hi doc. I've been having a constant headache now for the past three days. It used to come from the right neck area spreading to my right eye and everywhere inbetween. Now it's stuck to the back of my head at the right side, and behind my right eyeball. Also high above the right ear, there. It also sits on the forehead above the eyebrow, covers the right side of the head. I tried 2 xtra strenght Disprins, then 2 Synap Fortes. It sort of works, but only for short periods of time. Disprin don't work at all. Feels pretty much like a hangover without the pleasure of indulging! Ears also rings when baby shouts, loud noises unwelcome. Please advise.
Thank you, Melissa.

Dear Melissa
Your trapezius muscle looks like a kite at the back of your shoulders and the upper part attaches to your skull. If this goes into spasm, the pulling on the scalp may cause headache in the front behind the eye. Try Adcodol 2 three times a day but see if you can get to a physiotherapist - these things rarely clear with pills only. Put a hot water bottle between your shoulderblades to relax the muscle.
see http://www.usdoctor.com/occipt0.htm

1
Posted by: Melissa. | 2007/03/12

PS: I feel hot when others says it's cool or even cold, and I have an extreme craving for Ice cream, and I'm thursty all the time, not that I think that's relevant. I'm 33, live in CT and def not pregnant. Thanks.

Reply to Melissa.