Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2008/01/23

Constant Clearing of Throat

Regarding a query I made on 18th, your reply was that I most probably have a post nasal drip and that I should rinse my nose with saline. Please let me know the procedure.

Hi Mickey
Make a saline solution from 1 cup lukewarm water, with ½ teaspoon salt. It should taste like tears. Best is to use boiled cooled down water. I usually boil water and keep in the fridge, and when I make my solution I add boiled hot water to the cold water to get it to the right temperature as too cold or too hot is very unpleasant. Stand at the washbasin with the cup against your nose, don’t dunk your nose under the water, just keep it touching the water. Sniff the water up and blow out in the basin, repeat until the cup is empty and what you blow out is clear water. You can do this 2-3 times a day. If you have an acute sinus infection, you can do this more than 3 times per day.