Question
Posted by: Kerry | 2008/01/30

Constant Bleeding after baby

I'm 21 years old and I have a 5 month old baby, she was born on the 18th August 2007. After which I bleed the normal period of 6 weeks, then I went on the 2 month injection contreceptive in October 2007. Within the first month of the injection I started bleeding for more than 7 days so I went back they then put me on biphasal pills to stop the bleeding, it worked for about 2 weeks, when I went for my second injection on 6 December 2007, I asked them about the bleeding and the pills and they said its normal with the first injection because of hormones. After the second injection I stopped bleeding for 2 weeks, then I bleed for 2 weeks and stopped for a day, I have been bleeding since then, and it is now been 6 weeks. I went back to them and the put me on Nordette and told me I won't stop bleeding for the next 2 months or more.

My body is starting to feel drained and I am feeling extremly tried now, I don't have energy any more, but I get a full nights sleep and eat correctly.

Please tell me if this bleeding is normal and if there is something I can do to stop it.

The bleeding is most likely a side effect of the injection. You should change to a differnt form of contraception as you have done. It may take a while for the bleeding to settle though. In the mean time, take irona and folate tablets.