Question
Posted by: Dave | 2004/10/22

Consistent bloody nose

For about ten days now, i have had a really dry nose, which consistently bleeds. The blood dries and blocks my nose, so of course i try and unblock it causing it to bleed further (especially when i try and blow my nose). It is quite sore and sensistive inside. I have tried a number of nasal decongestants, gels etc, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Dave, it might be due to an allergy or something else that causes the nasal mucosa to swell. It might also be to a specific area that bleeds (usually Little’s area) and if it is the case, the best would be to have it cauterised. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.