Question
Posted by: Shelly | 2003/12/12

Congenitive heart disease

An 87 year old male family friend has been diagnosed with "the early signs of congenitive heart disease" and that his heart is enlarged and he also has water on the lungs.

The nursing sister at the Retirement Village where he lives has told his wife "to be kind and gentle with him"

Is this an indication that the end is near or is this a condition that he can live with for some time to come?

Shelly, I don’t know what “congenitive heart disease” is. Are you sure it’s not congestive or constrictive? Let me know (as a new question please or I won’t get it) and we’ll take from there. Good luck.