Question
Posted by: nn | 2006/10/31

confused - what to do?

I just need some advise so i can put my mind at ease.
My bf of 2 months, it is his b'day this weekend. And now he has only been livign in JHB for about a year and he has not been pout much so i thought i would take him to a nice fancy restaurant and just spoil him for his b'day. Then he turns around and says that he his friends are paying for him to go to DBN for the weekend. He has not been there before so he is looking forward to it. Yes i am happy for him that he gets to go to a place where he has not been before. and yet i am also sad that i wanted to do all of this stuff for him and in a way it hurts that he does nto want to spend his first b'day with me. i have told him how i feel and it does not relaly bother him. but then he turns around and says that he cannot afford to go to Cape town for Dec to see his family so he will coem and spend it with me and my family. so it looks like i am convieniant for when he cannot do soemthing else or go somewhere else. Am i overreacting. And this weekend he will be away which means i will get to spend time with my friends and that is going to upset him. i don't know what to do.

,,,,,

1
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/31

why does it upset him if you spend time with your friends, you do sound a bit like a convienience.

Reply to kat