Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2006/07/17

Confused & unhappy

I feel so depressed by what's happening. I've been going out with my bf for 4 years and recently cheated on him with a mutual friend of ours. The guilt was eating me up so I decided to tell him about the affair. He is willing to forgive me and go on with the relationship. He is even willing to marry me. The problem is that I think I am inlove with the guy I had the affair with although if I had to have a relationship with him, I know there would never be a future for us as he is not marriage material. What should I do? Leave my bf for this guy or stay with my bf for the sake of not hurting him any further. Please don't get me wrong, although I feel pity for my bf, I still love him.

You go out with a guy for 4 years before deviding that you're really in love with his pal ? And this guy wouldn';t be a suitable mate >? YOu sound rather muddled. Why not see a counsellor to sort this out within yourself before making decisions. You say you still love your bf ?