Question
Posted by: PJ | 2007/08/11

CONFUSED MISCARRIAGE NO PAIN, SPEC BLOOD

FIRST PREGNANCY & AT 7 WEEKS I EXPERIENCED A LITTLE SPEC/SPLATTER OF BLOOD ON LOO ROLL. FOLLOWED WITH A LITTLE LIGHT BROWN DISCHARGE WHICH LASTED 2 DAYS. THE SPEC OF BLOOD WAS A ONCE OFF. I HAD NO PAIN WHATSOEVER OR HEAVY BLEEDING. CONSULTED WITH MY DR WHO DID THE HORMONE LEVEL TESTING, THE FIRST TEST SHOWED +61000.0 AND THE FOLLOW UP TEST A DAY LATER SHOWED +18000.0 WHICH CONCLUDED THAT I HAD MISCARRIED. HE MENTIONED A BLIGHTED OVUM POSSIBILITY. COULD THE TEST BE WRONG? I WAS ADVISED AGAINST A D&C. I HAVE MY FIRST GYNIE/OBST. APPOINTMENT SET FOR 28TH AUGUST AS THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN 10 WEEKS, SHOULD I CANCEL OR CONFIRM THIS IS THE CASE? WHEN CAN I EXPECT NEXT MENSTR. PERIOD? BOOBS ALSO STILL VERY SENSITIVE.

Your HCG levels have dropped, suggesting that the pregnancy is not ongoing. The commonest cause for this is a blighted ovum, where the pregnancy does not develop. I am not sure why your gyne appointment is so late. I would suggest that you have another HCG test and try to get an earlier appointment.

1
Posted by: pj | 2007/08/13

Thankyou, for your valued advise doc I have made an appointment for a re-test of HCG levels.
As, I was advised that your 1st Gynie appointment is more or less at 12 weeks. Hence the reason, I consulted my GP for all the necessary testing.

Reply to pj