Question
Posted by: Kat | 2005/11/30

Confused & Feel disrespected

I feel my husband is slowly killing our marriage. After work on a week day, he comes home and sleeps or watches TV. Nothing is done in the house or the garden. I come home and cook, clean etc. On a weekend he goes drinking with his buddies to gigs and only comes home at sunrise. I hardly ever go with, because I find it pointless socialising with a bunch of drunk morons who do not know when to stop. Then next day he will spend sleeping the entire day away, and only wakes up when its time to go on the next jol. I think I have been very fair letting him go out with his friends. I have asked him many times to not drink and drive and please to come home at a reasonable hour. We do love each other and have a wonderful son, but it seems that he does not repect me. If I fight with him he rebels even more. So I have resorted to the silent treatment. I am miserable, and do not know what to do.

A comon situation, and Marriage Counselling is the most probable solution, if indeed one can be found.

2
Posted by: Nicolai | 2005/11/30

Was he always like this? Maybe you have outgrown him. YOu've matured and he has remained in the same mind set of a teenager.

Maybe tell him that he should get a maid as you are no longer prepared to clean up after him, and basically be his mother. Either that or he starts pulling his weight and actually contribute towards your life together.

If he refuses to do either, and not even discuss the issues like going out all the time, get rid of him. He is a loser.

Reply to Nicolai
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2005/11/30

Respect is commanded, not demanded.
And if you want more insight to this question then I suggest you take a look at a posting in the previous 30 (not sure what number it is)

Silent treatment isn't going to solve anything. If you're not happy I suggest you say so and start commanding the respect you deserve. Nothing changes if nothing changes, so maybe it's time that you stop letting your man act like a bachelor and tell him to start acting like a caring, loving and responsible father and husband.

Good luck, this is going to be up to you.
~Wings~

Reply to ~Wings~