Question
Posted by: malinz | 2008/01/16

Confused, don't know if I miscarridged.

I am supposed to be 10/11 weeks pregnant. On Sunday the I went to the bathroom without any warning, no cramps nothing and there were blood in the toilet and light blood on the tissue, but not a lot. I went to the doctor the next day and she did a cervix test and my cervix were still closed. She did a urine test and the stripe were very light. She did a blood test and the blood test said that I am six weeks pregnant. I have to wait another 2 weeks to do a urine test again to see, if it shows positive. I would only be able to see a gynocologist the 1st of February. This is know the 3d day since I have seen the doctor and I am not sure and confused for I am not bleeding or anything. Please let me know, what I can expect or am I still pregnant. Is it a good sign that my cervix are still closed? I am really confused and would appreciate your advice. Thank you

Dear Malinz
One does sometimes get a slight bleed early in pregnancy due to many different factors including implantation bleeding, infection, cervical irritation, ectopic pregnancy or a threatened miscarriage.

Many women who have this light bleeding go on to have normal pregnancies and healthy babies. If it becomes heavier bleeding it may indicate a possible miscarriage. Unfortunately there is no way to predict whether or not vaginal bleeding will progress to miscarriage.

If you do experience bleeding that continues to get heavier, with painful cramping, back pain or stabbing pains, please contact your doctor immediately