Question
Posted by: nikki | 2007/07/31

confused by emotions

Gooday,

Since Approx April this year i have been experiencing a feeling of anxiety, extreme sadness, anger, over emotional, irritability, sensitive, worthless and guilty.

I am acting out on the people i love the most and cannot find the source of this problem. I have not experienced this before and am feeling incredibly demotivated and tired - i have no energy and cannot concentrate, my mind is constantly thinking unproductively.

Please help.

Sounds exhausting, and, as you don't mention any specific event which could have set this off, it must be puzzling, too. Sounds indeed as though this may be a Depression at work --- but your best bet is to see a good local psychiatrist for a full assessment, on the basis of which he/she can then advise on your treatment options. It should be very practical t improve this unpleasant situation considerably

2
Posted by: nix | 2007/07/31

You don't mention your age or area, so it's difficult. I have found that in general gp's aren't too sympathetic towards depression-patients. And the attitude puts you off, when with the correct treatment, you'd be better in a couple of months' time. I hope you get the right help and feel better soon. Let us know how you are doing.

Reply to nix
Posted by: Maria | 2007/07/31

It sounds as if you may be suffering from depression. See a good psychologist to check out your symptoms and make a diagnosis, or try your gp first if you don't know where to find a psychologist.

Reply to Maria