Question
Posted by: AD | 2008/01/16

Confused - Blood test or Ultrasound??

I am very confused! I only recently find out that I am pregnant. The blood tests showed that I am 8 weeks BUT the Ultrasound today showed that I am only 6 weeks. Which one is more accurate?? My first day of my last period was 29/11/2007

Thank you.

Dear AD
It depends on if the ultrasound measures from your last menstruation or your last missed date - don't worry about it - a pregnancy lasts from 38 weeks after your last missed period or 40 weeks after conception. Women can deliver as early as at 38 weeks or as late as 42 weeks. What is important is that the baby grows as it should.