Question
Posted by: Lalee | 2007/12/04

Confused beyond direction

I have been with a man i thought i love. we have been together for just over a year, i am 10 weeks pregnant and since i found out, i am severely questioning my feelings for him. i am overjoyed at the fact that im going to be a mother i just have this terrible feeling that im going to be a terrible partner to him and become a terrible mother. we are not married and the more i think about it the more i shiver at the thought. could this possibly be a fase of the pregnancy?

This surely is probably related to the hormones of pregnancy --- why on earth, realistically, would you start to assume that you'd be a terrible partner and terrible mother, when you'll probably be fine in both roles ? See at least a counsellor for an initial assessment, this could even be the glooms of an early Depression. And while one might be cautious about using antidepressants meds during early pregnancy, CBT counselling is just as effective and ideal for this situation