Question
Posted by: Sue-A | 2007/04/12

Confused and worried about fetus?

When I was 5 weeks and 6 days I went to the gynae who did a sonar! I went too soon because I was not sure of my dates, but he struggled to see something but the yolk sac measured right and everything looked normal. After a while of struggling to see something he eventually saw something(the fetus) He just told me I must come back after a week to check for the heartbeat. At 7 weeks now the yolk sac has grown and my hcg count is now over 30 000, because he did a blood test. When he did the sonar he struggled again to see something, we just saw the yolk sac and it looks normal , but could not see a baby? What must I do now?

It is a concern that the fetus was not seen by 7 weeks. It could be that you are earlier than you think. If the HCG count is rising, have another scan in a week.

2
Posted by: lkjlkj | 2007/04/12

sounds strange, maybe your baby just doesn't want to be seen yet. i must disagree with Dee though, we saw my baby clearly at 6 weeks aswell as the yolk sac. don't stress about it yet.

Reply to lkjlkj
Posted by: Dee | 2007/04/12

I think it may still be a bit early, you can only see something after about 9 weeks. Pls dont worry, I am sure everything will be fine.

Reply to Dee