Posted by: JM | 2008/10/17

I was married for 21 years and then divorced due to my wife getting involved in another relationship. After being single for 2 years I got married but 3 years later decided to divorce my 2 nd wife. I was adement to stay single but 7 months later I was married again. The 3rd time. It is now a month later. My daughter was staying with me but my wife refused to let her stay with us and I had to get alternative accommodation for my child. This was extremely difficult for me but being in love, I then accepted her demand. Now that reality kicks in, I am so confused about my future, my relationship and I miss my child with all my heart. Being married the 3rd time, I need to think carefully before I yet again mess up. I confronted my wife regarding my child, and she agreed to let her stay with us. My child, however, refused to move back because she said that she can' t because we initially didn' t want her to stay with us. I can really say that I dont care much about my relationship but also dont want to divorce again. Is there a solution for me? I really need advice because I have messed up my life, but most of all that of my daughter.

You seem to have made a lot of very hasty decisions, without really thinking them through. 2 divorces and 3 marriages. Yes, don't rush into yet another divorce, but dont't let your new wife push you and your daughter around, either. It makes sense for your child to move back in, rather than being stubborn because of the initial problem. Maybe arrange for yourself to have some individual counselling to work out what you actually want and how to get there from here. If what you decide includes maintaining this present mariage, then marriage counselling might help to maken that possible

Posted by: ? | 2008/10/17

Gosh you really have messed things up hey. BUT I' m sure there' s a solution. You just have to think real hard about what is most important to you. What would make you happy?

Reply to ?