Posted by: T | 2008/08/19

I am hoping that you can help me. I am a member of curves and got weighed in yesterday. I weigh 54kg' s and my body fat % is 52.3% - is this normal? What should the body fat percentage of a woman of 26 years of age be? I am not sure how one works this out and what it should be. Please help me understand this!

Dear T
I seriously think that the person who gave you the body fat % reading turned the figures around and that you have a value of 25.3% instead of 52.3%! seeing that you only weigh 54 kg. Or her machine is out of order! The normal body fat % of women who are not elite athletes is 24%, so if yours is 25,3% then you are already very close to normal.
Enjoy the exercise, but don't take the body fat % readings seriously because they must be wrong.