Posted by: miss j | 2008/07/03

I used the contraceptive injection(nurist) the one for two month for a period of 3 years non and stopped last year november and i dont understand why i am no falling pregnant. i am confused and what will the solution to this be?

Dear Miss J

It is not unusual for the effect of the injectable contraceptives to persist for a prolonged time period and in some cases up to 2 years after stopping. The problem is not only that of ovulation impairment but also that of implantation in the uterus since the lining of the uterus (endometrium) may be insufficiently recovered. However, to speed up the conception possibilities, ovulation induction should be considered using simple ovulation stimulation drugs such as Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid, Fertomid, Serophene etc).

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim