Question
Posted by: Kay | 2008/01/10

Confused

My husband and I are going through a really bad patch. We have both hurt each other in the past but love each other dearly. The problem is that whilst I am positive and forgiving and want the realtionship to work, he seems negative, sullen and constantly goes back to the bad times. I also get the feeling that he does not want to fight to save the marriage and has given up on us. Is it worth trying to save with one person out od sorts with this thoughts?

We have been married for 3.5 yrs and have no children. Interesting to note is that we have a wonderful realtionship and only fight occocasionally, however the fights are quite intense?

IS it not possible to persuade him to join you in some marriage counselling ? All relationships include fighting and squabbles ( imagine how icy cold it would be without either person caring enough about the other or anything else to ever squabble ) --- what one needs is to learn more productive ways of fighting and of resolving problems.

1
Posted by: ,,,, | 2008/01/10

Have you ever seen a relationship without any fighting? It's normal to fight! Why is it whenever people fight in marriage they think it's the end of the world?? It's normal for goodness sakes! Fight and make up and know that you will fight again and again make up!

Reply to ,,,,