Question
Posted by: Lindz | 2007/06/26

confused

I work for a construction company, I started last year July as a secretary/receptionist and in March they took me to school for a short course to improve, I thought things were ok but last month things changed, they employed someone else to do my job and moved me to accounts without discussing anything with me. Even though they took me to do another course in Bookkeeping, I still feel its unfair cause its not my choice and I'm not happy at all, I chose to be a secretary. I've been working here for a year now I haven't even signed a contract or something. Please advise.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You may raise a grievance with regard to the unfair move to another department. This grievance might produce results. You are entitled to a letter of appointment which must be reduced to writing in terms of the Basic Conditins of Employment Act.