Question
Posted by: Confused | 2007/04/03

Confused???

My bf and I had many problems in our relationship and tried to sort them out, which we did. However there are still things that I wish that he would do. On average we can be considered an OK couple. At the same time there is a colleague at work that has made his intentions very clear and told me that if my bf slips up he will grab me with two hands. He has asked me to go with him to the movies etc. which I always decline. Now I have asked my bf to take me to the movies for a long time and he doesnt want to because he would rather stay at home, many times I would go myself. At the moment my bf and I are arguing and suddenly I'm thinking to go out with this guy at work. I really dont want to do this because I would consider it cheating. But how else can I show my bf that this is what I would like because talking doesnt help.

I'm sure there are still things you wish he would do --- and there are probably still a few things he might wish that you would do. This is where the referee / balancing function of a relatiopnship counsellor can help to ensure that the sorting out process is done even more efficiently. Why not work together with such a coach, and finish working things out ? And take heed of the warnings other readers have offered here !

3
Posted by: Lauren Auder ™ | 2007/04/03

Do not fall 4 his trap - he will just b using u.... there r guys iut there who go out with girls who r in a committed relationship because then it is not expected from them to get commited. As soon as things end between u n u'r b/f things will turn sour with him 2. Rather go to da movies alone ... if u go with this guy - u'r b/f will consider it cheating.... n that may cause irrepearable damage 2 u'r relationship.

Reply to Lauren Auder ™
Posted by: pop | 2007/04/03

Be careful of any man who encourages u to cheat and lie or ruin what u have. They will do the same to u. Nuff said

Reply to pop
Posted by: Lin | 2007/04/03

Remember the saying: "the grass is always greener on the other side"? The guy at work might have different "problems". And it always feel good when someone pays attention to you. Rather decide if you want to continue with your current relationship and try and sort out your differences. Or break it off and date the guy at work.
What my husband and I did was to find something that he likes, like playing pool, and we do this once a week. But then he must join me for dancing lessons once a week. This way we spend some time together and learn new things.
Make a deal with your boyfriend and tell him that you'll do something he likes (like go to the rugby), then he must join you for a movie every now and then.

Good Luck!

Reply to Lin