Question
Posted by: confused lady | 2005/07/25

confused

how do ui become less dependant on my man? I am struggling with that. I ahte when he goes out by himself.. stay up all night when he does - it has always been like that. I wanna go out with my girlfriends.. but just the thought of not spending the weekend with him makes me miss him so much already. And is it considered normal that if your partner does go out without u that they let u kno where then going and possibly when they will get home? Or am I asking for too much here

It sounds as though you have allowed yourself to become unwholesomely dependent on this man. Love doesn't mean you can't bear to be away from the person. For either partner in a relationship to let the other one know broadly what they're doing, where they'll be going, and when they'll be home, is simple courtesy and good manners

1
Posted by: Elsie | 2005/07/26

I understand your situation and it is normal for you to wantto know where he is going and when he will return as a matter of concern and not because you want to keep an eye for him. With regards to him going out and coming back late, it's because he knows that you are dependent on him and that you will be there when he returns. He is aware that you do not have a life outside of him. So, the best thing for you to do, is to get a life with other people, so he realises that you are independent and that way he will miss you and love you more. It will be difficult as you will wonder where he is and who he is with, but after going out for a while without him, you will get used to it. When you go out, don't call him a lot.

Reply to Elsie