Question
Posted by: WS | 2004/12/20

confused

Hi! I've been TTC since February this year - I've been on clomid and then again on a double dose of clomid which according to my gynae dropped my progesterone levels well anyway my cycle was normally every 45 days however today i am on day 52 and i've still not had a period - on the past two occassions when my husband and i had intercourse i had like a brown discharge come down the next morning - the first time i thought it was the start of my period which seemed to be starting like that lately but by the evening there was nothing and then yesterday the same thing happened but while having intercourse i was on top and it was unusually sore - what could this be? i did a hpt but it was negative (i think because there was a dark pink line and a faint pink line).........do you think i should do another hpt?

If there was a faint line, you could be pregnant. I'd suggest you have a blood pregnancy test.
The bleeding could be due to problems with the cervix or uterus. If you have not had a pap smear in the past year, you should do so.

2
Posted by: WS | 2004/12/20

I never had this before and I've been married for 2.5years and I last had a pap done earlier round about March this year - I'm just so scared to go through the whole blood test thing only get negative results back which is just going to make me feel really down again - can't I just wait it out and then see? I have been going to the loo alot more than normal and i've been very tired lately but i'm just thinking what if all this is a phantom thing?

Reply to WS
Posted by: Purple | 2004/12/20

Even a faint pink line is a positive.

Congratulations!!!

Phone your gynae now, and make arrangements to go for a blood test to confirm.

Keep us all informed.

Reply to Purple