Question
Posted by: Lee (Linkie) | 2004/12/09

Confused

Hi Gynaedoc & Ladies,

I don't know what's going on with me.If ever some of yours follow my posting"s-Struggling to fall pregnant,being to my gynae on regular basis,done bloodtest,diagnosed with polycystic ovaries(on 29/11/04),no periods these past 5months.This morning When I wiped myself there it is!Not heavy, but still it's there.Can someone please tell me what's happening to me.

As a newcomer,LOVE ALL YOUR LADIES FOR BEING SO SUPPORTIVE AND ADVISEFUL.
Love Lee (LInkie)

With PCOS, you often do not ovulate regularly and sometimes not at all. This would result in absent or irregular periods. This seems to be what is happening in your case. Have you discussed treatment with your doctor?

1
Posted by: Golly | 2004/12/09

Linkie,

Polycystic ovary sindrome (PCOS) is the reason for your missing periods. THe reason is that the ovary produces eggs, but they are never or seldom released from the ovary. Instead they become "cystic". It is only when the egg is released that you 'ovulated' and the egg can be fertilised. Since you are having a period now, an egg must have been released about 14 days ago.

The trouble with PCOS is that you never know when an egg is going to be released. The docs can try and regulate your cycles with a hormone regime, but every person responds to it differently.

I am not sure when a gynae would start you on such meds, but maybe you should contact yours and ask when is the best time to start on meds which can help regulate your period. Normally Clomid or another ovulation induction med may be prescribed and you use it from day 4 since the start of your cycle (period). So make that call and find out what you can do. All the best!

Reply to Golly