Question
Posted by: Melanie | 2004/01/07

Confused

I usually have my regular periods,and the last time i had normal one was in november last year.Yesterday I had very light periods which lasted about 2 hours, I have constant headache and my breast is also painfull i dont know whether i am pregnan or not .I dont want to be excited because i have been trying to concieve since last year August and i am not on any contraception.

The only way to know is to check a pregnancy test.

4
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/07

Sounds like you could very well be pregnant. If you are pregnant, the bleeding would indicate an implantation bleed which is normal. Not every woman has spotting but 2 hours of spotting sounds like an implantation bleed.

Go directly to a lab at your local hopsital and have a blood test. Costs about R80 and you will have your result within 30 minutes. You could do a HTP first, it should show up positively by this stage.

Start taking folic acid even if you aren't pregnant as you should begin taking when you are trying for a baby. If you haven't started yet, don't stress, just get some from the pharmacy now.

Best of luck and hope for your sake that the tests are positive!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Franca | 2004/01/07

I also had the same symptons. I had my normal periods for 2 months, but I was already pregnant. i think u should go to your nearest chemist, and get yourself a home pregnancy test, or rather go and see you doctor.

good luck

Reply to Franca
Posted by: Melanie | 2004/01/07

Thanx Tlc i really need that luck.

Reply to Melanie
Posted by: tlc | 2004/01/07

Those ae the exact symptoms i am having.My last period was Nov 9 and i am now 6 weeks pregnant.However,I think you should go to your doc and check the bleeding coz its not a good sign if you are pregnant.I have heard of people having a light period while pregnant so don't get to worried but just go for a test and if you are preg then check why you were bleeding.Good Luck!!!

Reply to tlc