Question
Posted by: bm | 2004/01/05

Confused!!!!

Hi, I've had a history of absent periods and havent ever seen anyone about it...and will skip for a month or 2 (never more than 2 months) then it will be normal again, but the last time I had a normal period was the middle of september...and the last time I had sex was on the 25th of sept, but was protected. In November, my tummy was crampin as it wud wen I have my period and I jus spotted for 1 day, but my cramps continued as it wud with a normal period....and in December, my tummy was crampin for a day or so and when I went to the toilet and wiped me I saw a little blood, but that was all. I've done a Home pregnancy test about 2 weeks ago, but it was negative. Havent experienced any other symptoms of pregnancy, no mornin sickness or swollen breast or anythin different with my body. Could I be pregnant? should I do another home test or should I go to a doctor or gynae....havent ever been to a gynae yet, altho I know I shud've gone long ago - been scared to....Also can anybody recommend a good female gynae in the southern suburbs in Cape Town please.

I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist. You probably are not pregnant, but you should have investigations to see why you are skipping periods. Check the Find a doctor section for gynaecologists in Cape Town.

2
Posted by: bm | 2004/01/05

thanks so much......

Reply to bm
Posted by: Angel | 2004/01/05

Dr Carol Thomas. Newlands Surgical clinic

Reply to Angel