Question

Condoms, pills and injections...

Hi posted on Gynae doc... need 2nd opinion also - please assist:

Hi, my gynae advised yesterday that I stop using the 3month depo injection. In fact he advised that I should stop all contraceptives for a few months until my own cycle comes back.

I am the most paranoid person alive and my worst fear is falling pregnant. I love the depo injection, it is quick, it lasts long, it takes away the monthly blues, what more could I want? Yes.. he has also explained the downside of it (unfortunately)!

If I dont use any contraceptives for +-6 months, I will never ever only trust a male condom. So for +- 6 months I will have no sex (I am in a 2yr relationship).

When my own cycle "returns" I can then go onto the pill - which I find also to be a Micky mouse gimmik that doesnt work.

So Here is my question: If I am on the pill and my partner uses a condom, can I use the morning after pill as well after every sexual encounter to be extra sure?

I am terribly scared and I really have issues trusting condoms (that tear, fall off, etc) and pills (that dont work if you just sneeze funny)....

I need help! Maybe if you could recommend a good sexual counsellor in the JHB area that can assist me in understanding how and why these popular contraceptives actually work - contrary to what my beliefs are?

I would suggest that you contact Glenda Bateman on 011 787 1222 for an appointment to discuss a safe family planning method.

You can't use the pill and emergency contraceptives every time you have intercourse - EC is very, very dosages of Oestrogen and not good for you.

Why not change from Depo to Nur isterate??

DrE Mc