Question
Posted by: Jeanne | 2004/10/07

Condoms & Itches

Even though I am on the pill (Tri-Minulet), my boyfriend and I do not want any surprises that will change our lives in 9 months, so we have decided to be extra cautious and use condoms as well. We sometimes have sex without a condom, but always put one on before he ejaculates. I have noticed that when we dont use I condom, I am fine, but when we do use a condom, I have a terrible itch that lasts for a day or so and feel particularly tender inside. Could I be showing syptoms of a latex allergy or what could be causing this? I am VERY particular when it comes to feminine hygiene and have no smell or discharge or anything strange like that.

Really embarassing but hope that you can help

It does sound like latex allergy. There are latex free condoms available. They are only more expensive. I suggest you try those