Question
Posted by: shoo | 2006/10/30

condom

I slept with a guy who used a condom but it came off inside me and I only realised a day later it was still inside me.
I got it out but it was full of blood,
Then when I bathed and bits of skin (so it looked like) came out of my vagina.
Is this a problem and what do I do ? Am I in danger ?Please don't display my email to the woeld- I want to remain anonymous!
Email me back.
Thank You.

Hi Shoo
This email comes onto the website automatically - I can't stop it. I also am not able to email you...but I think you should go to your GP and let him check for infections. I would also take prophylactic treatment against pregnancy and HIV if you think you may be at risk. Just have yourself tested at 3 months and 6 months after this episode.

1
Posted by: Angie | 2006/10/30

No need to be embarrassed, I'm sure you aren't the first woman this has happened to! And you are completely anonymous!

I'm not sure about the bits of skin and blood... It might be that the condom being inside you for so long began causing an infection of some sort. You will definitely need to see a doctor, because the infection might become worse.

However, the fact that the condom came off means that you are at risk of pregnancy and STD's (if this is not a regular faithful partner). For pregnancy, you can take the Morning After Pill up to 72 hours after this incident (if it isn't too late - you can get it at any pharmacy without a prescription).

Reply to Angie