Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2008/06/23

Dear CS
You have helped me several times (I've used a couple of nicks), and I was tearful at reading your post about your mother and sending my condolences and many thoughts to you over the sorrow and emptiness you're facing. I sorted and packed up all my father's things after he died and it was very emotional. You could probably fill several scrapbooks with all her momentoes and I'm sure she must've been so proud of you (I read your CV) and kept all sorts of articles and things about you. Many of us will be thinking of you through this time of grieving; perhaps we can be part of *your* support over the next while...

I'm a registered nurse, have done a Hospice care-givers course and have sat with and held a few patients' hands as they died in hospital, when relatives have not been able to make it in time. I'm so very glad for you and for her, that she died peacefully and that you were there. That helps so much towards dealing with the grief. And good for you that she got her guava juice despite the horrible nurse!

We'll be reading, and I'm sure I speak for many, when I say please feel free to post here - we're not shrinks, but hopefully we can at least hear you, as fellow human beings, subject to the same 'slings and arrows of outrageous fortune'...

Gratefully and sympathetically,
Kay in Gtown

Thanks. One of the good things to come from these sad events is that it is illustrating so clearly what a wonderful community of Good People we have here,