Question
Posted by: Hurt Wife | 2007/06/11

Conditions for sex

I am 40. Married 17 yrs. I recently miscarried at 13 weeks. (have 2 kids 17 & 12) My husband will not have sex with me until I am sterilised as he does not want me to fall pregnant again. B4 the miscarriage we had great sex. I had a very stressful pregnancy as I found my husband was interested in another woman + we had financial problems. The closest we came to having sex was me performing oral sex on him. He will not have a vasectomy and thinks it is my place to have the sterilisation. I feel hurt and used. I would like to have another baby?
What do u think?

I think you would know, a baby will not solve infidelity! Your husband not wanting as baby should be something that you as a couple need to discuss.; here a marriage counseller may be helpful. Too often couples are at different times in their lives with different needs i.o.w. have you spoken about the reason for him having interests in another woman?
In addtion, at your age of 40, you are at a higher risk of chromosomal abnormalities and thus the miscarriage as a result thereof is more likely possible than stress alone.
You have been hurt by your husband's infidelity, but you need to decide what it is that you want in YOUR life.
You as a couple need to see your gyn or GP to be counselled about the pros and cons of BOTH a sterilisation and a vasectomy and then to make an informed decision.

1
Posted by: Annies | 2007/06/11

Why on earth would you want to have another baby with a man is actually interested in another women. ???

Reply to Annies