Question
Posted by: CONCUSSED | 2007/03/15

CONCUSSION

Hello
I climbed into the car about a month or two ago, and as I got in, the door closed by itself (we were parked on a hill) sandwiching my head between the door and the car. The door hit me on the left side of my face between my ear and my eye, and the car hit me on exactly the same place but on the right. I still have a headache from it I'm wondering if such a light bump to both sides of my head can cause a concussion. It did not slam hard on me at all, but it is so painful now I cant believe it. What can I do about this?

Dear Concussed
Yes it is possible to get a concussion from such an injury - if you still have a headache I really think you should see your doctor - you may have chronic inflammation in the muscle or you may have injured the joints of the jaw.