Posted by: Wieffy | 2009/08/21

Concerned with son

My son saw his father with another woman. Hubby and I are seperated for 5months now. The strange thing is that he called daddy, when realising it was him he walked quickly away to avoid him.
He has seen them together years ago. What hurts him is that dad ignored him. I havent taken the kids yet to see a shrink but intened doing so cos all this drives me mad.
We are not divorced yet and he has already married the other woman(customarily I assume!!). Anything is possible with him cos he' s a lawyer.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

You don't mention your son's age. With divorce or even sepaeation, it is always important to discuss wirth the children whart is happening, including re-assuring them that this is NOt their fault. Dad was probably embarrassed, and didn't know how to introduce her or what to say, and snubbed the kid without thinking how hurtful that could be. If he's a lawyer, then any other mariage might be customary, but could not be a normal marriage or he'd be guilty of bigamy, and he knows that's illegal. But all the more reason to have discussed this with the boy long ago.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.