Question
Posted by: Puppy | 2005/06/20

Concerned Paint Funes???

Hi there, you all!

We;ve moved offices this weekend and I have had to work right through the weekend. The offices have just been painted and I've been inhaling paint fumes for the last 3 days - is this a problem - should I contact my doctor I am 8 weeks pregnant and I am trying to do right by this little miracle!

It is difficult to assess what environmental elements such as paint will have on the fetus. Be sure that you have a detailed scan at 22 weeks.

3
Posted by: tess | 2005/06/20

it depends if its oil paint (like velvaglo). Wall paint is fine, but paint you need to remove with turps is not so good. The fumes are much stronger (this is the paint you use on doors, door frames, etc).

Reply to tess
Posted by: Puppy! | 2005/06/20

Thanks!

Reply to Puppy!
Posted by: Sash | 2005/06/20

I spoke to my gynae about paint fumes as we want to paint in our house and he said it is really not a problem. I am still not going to do any painting myself though.

Try get lots of fresh air thru your office if you can.
All the best

Sash

Reply to Sash