Question
Posted by: Desperately Concerned | 2004/10/12

Concerned over post-sex symptoms

I have a few "issues" that concern me after my boyfriend and I have sex. We have only ever had one partner before we got together and have been together for a year. We only started having sex about 5 months ago and only the last month that we have been having sex without a condom. I am on the pill. We are both into personal hygiene and are meticulous about this issue.

Problems are, when we use a condom, I itch terribly afterwards and it stings when I go to the loo. What can be causing this?
The other problem that has recently happened, is that after sex without a condom I get a little itchy, but now my boyfriend has tiny little red spots all over the tip of his penis.
What can be causing the spots? I am not on any medication bar the pill and my boyfriend is on anti-depressants.

Please help, I am worried that this will cause a problem in our relationship.

DC, you might have a latex sensitivity and this might cause the itching and stinging. You might also have a vaginal infection and that will explain your symptoms as well as his (the red dots). The easiest would be for both of you to take anti-fungal treatment like Sporanox® or Diflucan®. Good luck.