Question
Posted by: sweetie | 2007/03/06

concerned friend

hi all, what is Bio-polar?
the reason i am asking this is because my bf moved to new premises about 9months ago and he has become friendly with this guy who apparently suffers from Bio-polar. my bf was accused in fact threatened by the guy's father to stay away from his son and now the guy accusses my bf with stealing his cellphone, he (bf) adviced the guy to report the incident to the police and block the line. (do u think if someone steals your phone can advice with all the information) but he did not do that. i was telling my bf to stay away from this guy because he is trouble with the capital letter T, no my bf being a kind hearted person thinks this guy's behaviour is due to his illness that is why i am asking the question and a little background. please help

Its Bipolar, and if you search this site for Bipolar, you'll find lots of useful mateiral ; similarly, a search on the web on google.com will produce loads of material on the topic. Dishonest and unpleasant behaviour in the other guy is more likely to be due to his unpleasant personality than to Bipolar or any other specific or treatable disorder. ( And if he does have Bipolar, he ought to be getting proper treatment for it, and not using it as an excuse ).