Question
Posted by: Kim | 2003/12/05

Concerned about oestrogen levels

I have been going for laser hair removal, which has been very unsuccessful. The beautician tells me that it is probably because my oestrogen levels are too high, and it will affect my ability to fall pregnant when I want to.
What is the function of oestrogen?
Will high levels affect my abiilty to fall pregnant?
Is it possible to get oestrogen levels tested?
Should I be doing something to regulate my oestrogen levels? I don't plan on trying to fall pregnant for about another 2 years.
Thanks for your guidance

Excessive hair may be due to an excess of testosterone not oestrogen. This can be tested for and sometimes occurs with PCOS. Perhaps you should see your gynaecologist about this.

1
Posted by: Lala | 2003/12/05

I have the same problem girlfriend. Yes you can test your levels. It's a blood test wherein they check your hormonal levels. Ten to one the unwanted hair growth is caused by the elevated oestrogen levels. Afterall it is a growth hormone. What about headaches, I have these as well yet another symptom of elevated oestragen. A contraceptive pill could help balance things out.

Reply to Lala