Question
Posted by: Eugene | 2008/07/23

Concerned 28 year old!

Hi doc,

I' m a concerned 28 year old married male. This past few days I' m suffering with hectic mood swings and this past 10 days my sex drive is also gone. I do have alot of stress at work and had some financial concerns. My poor wife is suffering because we want a baby but I' m never in the mood. I can go from very happy to very depressed in the same day.

My dad suffers from depression and is on chronic medication. Is it possible that I inherrit some genes from him? Is there any booster I can bye to lift my moods and make life for me and my wife easier? It is putting stress on our marriage.

Hallo Eugene
This may be due to the stress. Try Biral 2 three times a day and St Johns Wort. If you find that this does not help after a week or two you may need to get some prescription medication from you general practitioner. Depression can run in famlies.

3
Posted by: Curious | 2008/07/26

How do you get your testosterone levels up?

Reply to Curious
Posted by: ja | 2008/07/24

St Johns Wort interferes with other medication - carefull. Exercise  plenty - before you think of going on depression meds and spending the rest of your life drugged.
Get your testosterone levels up for libido.

Reply to ja
Posted by: oz | 2008/07/23

Before you go on to some pills ,have you try to do excersise, perhaps you and your wife join a club and start doing it together, it help for me.

Reply to oz