Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2008/05/22

Concerned

Im 21 will be going to the gynae soon for the first time.
i have decided to donate my ovaries to a couple who cannot fall pregnant so i have to go for tests and checkup to see if everything is fine down there.

I have had sex before(not much though) but not sexually active at the moment.Im kind of nervous as to the procedures that will take place.The doctor still has to explain them to me but i have done my research and according to what iv read they have to put a rather large tube thing up there...
Which i am getting worried about and also the initial check up as i havnt had one before.

I have heard that i is sore.Is this true?
Also will all the proc.that need to be done not stretch my vagina??As I havnt really been sexually active.Also will this affect me in any wat sexually afterwards?
Im getting worried about all of this now as the time draws closer but i want to go through with it.

your input would be appreciated!

I agree with LL. The initail visit should not be a problem, but the susequent procedures can be quite uncomfortable. They will not affect your sex life in any way though.

1
Posted by: LL | 2008/05/23

Your visit for a check up will just be checking of breasts for lumps, and a tube (not thick) that they insert to do an internal check so you will be able to see the ovaries on the monitor too see if there are cysts or blocked tubes, endometriosis etc. Its not sore, just obviously a bit uncomfortable. Then probably a papsmear, which is also just a thin thing that will lightly scrape the inside for a sample they send to the labs. This is a little mor euncomfortable but nothing hectic. Nothing to worry about..it wil be fine.

You will be donating eggs? (not ovaries, dont know if that is possible)

Reply to LL