Question
Posted by: Dummy | 2008/01/02

Concerned

I need to ask a really dumb question. Are you only able to conceive during ovulation? Or is Ovulation your most fertile few days but you are able to conceive anytime.
My periods have always been between 28 and 31 days, but this month i'm sitting on day 34 and am stressing a little. We did have intercourse but it was on days 24 and 25 of this cycle, I am sure that I was not ovulating then. Please advise.

Remember that the egg can survive for 48 hrs and the sperm for up to 7 days, though usually it is less than this. So there is a reasonable period of time where it is possible to conceive.