Question
Posted by: bozo | 2007/12/03

concerned

Well I have been have this problem but it seems to be getting worse and I want to know what to do.

I have experience itching sensation in my private area, which normally occur before my period is about to start and then it would go away. But lately it won't stop itching and now I have lower back pain too. It does not burn when I go to the toilet and my urine does not smell but it has changed colour it is a bright yellow and I dont have a fever or feel nausea, so I don't know what it is????? It can't been an STD as I have not had sex in 6 years.
I know that I should see a doctor but I don't know any female gynaes in Cape Town Southern Suburbs (they can't be too expensive either as I don't have medical aid)

Can you please help me

Thanx

Bozo

You could have thrush. Try using Canesten pessaries. In terms of the urine, it does not sound like a bladder infection. Try drinking lots of water.