Question
Posted by: Pepsi | 2007/02/28

Concerned

Hi Doc,

I understand that it can take sometime after evacuation to menstruate normal again. Can i take contraceptive pills to regulate my cycle? The other thing is that each time me and Hubby finish baby dancing, there are some dark brownish stuff coming out. What can that be?

Dear PEPSI

Quite correctly it would be advisable to use the contraceptive pill to regulate the cycle for at least two to three months. The brown discharge is more likely to be uterine (womb origin) and may be residual from te previous evcuation. The use of the oral contraceptive may help to alleviate this problem as well.