Question
Posted by: Meme | 2004/01/26

CONCERN WITH MEDICATION AND PREGNANCY

Hi there,
I am planning to fall pregnant, but I am on Nuzak and medication for anxiety attacks and allergy. What would you consider the best thing to do, stop the medication or will it not affect the baby at all? What other vitamins is important to take?

The Nuzak does not cause any abnormalities in the fetus though some studies have reported a slightly higher miscarriage rate. If you need the medication you should probably carry on with it, but discuss this with your psychiatrist. You don't say what the other medication is, so I can't comment.
The most important thing to take while planning a pregnancy is folate.